The fall can be a stressful time for seniors planning their next step after high school. For Mr. Nate Bargar, the new Post-Secondary Counselor at Lakes, it should also be a time of excitement and opportunity.
Mr. Bargar brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to Lakes students. After graduating from Illinois State, he started in college admissions in 2004 working for his alma mater for 10 1/2 years and University of Cincinnati for two-and-a-half. He spent the last five years as College and Career Counselor at Carmel Catholic High School during which time he also earned his master's degree in School Counseling.
During his first few weeks at Lakes, he has already begun to make an impact. In addition to visiting classes to give his insight on admissions essays, he has also hosted parent/student informational sessions in the auditorium and worked 1-on-1 with many seniors currently going through the application process.
"I'm very excited to be at Lakes and to be part of this community," said Mr. Bargar. "Students can find me in the College and Career Center in the Upper ILC. They can make appointments, but my door is always open."
This year, there are 66 colleges and universities from coast to coast who will be visiting Lakes. (For the full calendar, click here.) In addition to helping students find the right match, Mr. Bargar also helps with crafting essays, finding scholarships, and other career resources for post-high school planning.
For more information, Mr. Bargar can be reached by phone (847-395-9388) or email (email@example.com).
Post-Secondary Planning events for the 2022- 2023 Academic Year:
- Sunday, October 2nd- National College Fair, Wisconsin Center, Milwaukee, WI- participating colleges
- Monday, October 3rd- Financial Aid Night presented by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.
- Thursday, October 14th- College of Lake County Illinois Regional College Fair- over 140 colleges/universities participating
- Tuesday, November 15th- College Planning Night for Juniors and Families.
- Tuesday, April 4th- Collegepalooza (open to freshmen- juniors). Sessions and presenters will be announced closer to the event.