Antioch Community High School has recently received scores from the Advanced Placement (AP) scores. The students are continuing to achieve at high levels and deserve to be celebrated.
- 446 students took 782 exams with 58% scoring a 3 or higher, which earns college credit at state colleges and universities in the state of Illinois.
In addition to the AP scores, approximately 30% of the graduating seniors have graduated with Cum Laude distinction. The class of 2019 had 102 Cum Laude graduates!
Students will need to meet the following criteria to be distinguished as a Cum Laude Graduate:
- Show a dedication to Scholarship by earning 26 credits.
- Show strength of Character by earning 0 suspensions.
- Volunteer in their community for at least 40 hours.
- Demonstrate Responsibility by earning at least 95 percent attendance.
- Achieve a high standard of Excellence by earning 3 capstone credits.
- Show their school Pride by participating in at least 4 extracurricular activities
Other academic awards achieved by students at Antioch Community High School were:
- National AP Scholar 3
- AP Scholar with Distinction 29
- AP Scholar with Honors 35
- AP scholar 82
- National Merit Commended 3
- IL State Scholars 30
Congratulations to all of these Sequoits who continue to achieve at high levels!