The Antioch Community High School Student Assistance Program aims to provide students, staff, and families with a network of support, prevention, intervention, and counseling to overcome challenges that involve mental health and drug and alcohol use.
District 117 has renewed its partnership with the Community Youth Network for the 2021/2022 school year to provide weekly services to students as a reduction to suspension and to meet other needs as determined by the Student Services Team.
Events (Calendar TBD)
A number of support and educational groups are offered to students at Lakes Community High School. Groups meet once a week and rotate through periods so that students do not consistently miss the same course. In most cases, groups are open to any student to join and are available to students who need support throughout the school year. In order to join a group, students may refer themselves or may be referred by a school professional or parent.
These groups are determined and organized based on the needs of the students. A few groups offered at Lakes include:
Community Youth Network Partnership)
- Mental Health Presentations
- Parent Education Programs
- Staff Training
- Pre-prom AssemblyPrograms and services designed for early intervention to re-focus student learning and growth
- Attendance/Tardy Policies
- Referral System
- SST Review
- SAP Core Team Review
- In-School Student Educational Support Groups
- Community-Based Educational Programs
- Community-Based Student Assessment ServicesPrograms and services that promote and support positive and healthy change
- Support Groups
- Counselor/Social Worker/School Psychologist Support
- Community Referral Resources
- Staff Mentoring of Students
- Evaluation and Monitoring of Program Services and Processes
Please contact Student Services to inquire about the adult leaders of this group.